This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

And the Bands Play On

          And the unrelenting musical assault from Tossing It Out continues.  I haven't heard any complaints yet, although the hits to my daily posts have gone down, which I expected after the A to Z Challenge.  So unless I get a lot of requests for me to stop, I will continue to post my musical musings for a few more weeks.

          On Monday I am posting another favorites list and as before anyone is invited to join me in posting their own.  This coming Monday May 31 I will be offering Country Top Ten Favorites.  The Linky list is up on top of the page if you'd like to sign up before the event day.  Or you can post your 10 Favorites list and then add your name to the Linky list.  Hope you'll join us wth your own list if you have any opinions about country music. And if not I hope you'll stop by to hear what I and others have to say about it.

         Upcoming Mondays will be seeing some additional lists.  On June 7 I will be presenting my Heaven Eleven favorite Christian (or other religion if you wish) albums.  Then June 14 will be the Timeless Twelve Classical Favorites--this will be a tough one because I realize classical is not the most popular musical style out there, so I hope a few of you will consider participating in this one to help educate the rest of us.  Like jazz, music we typically call classical covers a broad range of styles and interpretation as to what it is.  Classical can include film soundtrack music such as the music of John Williams.  As in the other lists I will leave this to your personal interpretation as to what it is.   Watch for each Linky list as I will put those up a few days before each event.

        The biggest Monday event will come on June 21 (yay! first day of summer).  This will be THE MOVIE DIRTY DOZEN hosted by Alex J Cavanaugh.   Be watching Alex's site this coming Tuesday June 1st for his special announcement about this event.  I'm sure many will enjoy participating in this one.

         As for the rest of the week, I will be sticking with the general format of the past week.  After my Monday favorites list I will have posts that look a little more in depth at some of the albums on my FIFTEEN FANTASY ISLAND FAVORITES list plus albums from other lists, and any other albums I just happen to think of.  So in the upcoming week you can expect to see stories about country music as well other styles that influenced country or were influenced by country.  Please non-country fans don't be scared off because I'm hoping to make the topics palatable to all.

            By the way, some of you may have noticed that I have been adding playlists to the daily posts that give samples of the music I am talking about in my daily posts.  I'm trying to find songs that are direct examples of what I've discussed or representative of an artist I've talked about.  I hope you have enjoyed these song lists.  It's something new I've learned and I'm having fun with it.

          Another happening is SPUNK ON A STICK's contest.  L. Diane Wolfe has passed her 200 follower milestone and if she hits 250 by the end of May she'll up the ante.  Either way there are some fine prizes in store.   If you aren't following her yet, jump on over and let her know I sent you.   While you're at Spunky's site you might be very interested in two excellent posts she did this past week about self-publishing and querying agents--excellent information for anyone who would like to publish a book.

         Also ending on May 31st is B. Miller's Pay It Forward contest.  You still have time to jump in on that one, so check it out.

A Manly Award:

Alex J Cavanaugh bestowed the following award upon me and being a man award I guess I don't have give it to anyone, but if you want it you can have it.




Thank you Alex!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and hope to see you often during the upcoming week.

14 comments:

  1. Another excellent post, congrats on the award,well deserved. I have just finalised my country albums just waiting now to post.
    I really enjoy these challenges it is quite absorbing and interesting.

    I am still struggling to get to my 200 follower. I got to 194 but have dropped to 193 careless me lost one.

    Enjoy your day,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't been by as much, but the A-Z April gave me about 20more Blogs to follow, and no more time to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What free time I have has been taken up with an onslaught of family and friends in the Washington, D. C. area. Happy to see all, I think :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your manly award.

    We need to stay to true to ourself in writing our posts and you are...staying true to your interests.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm another music lover so I find your music posts a lot of fun - even when I don't know much about the particular genre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlee, just stopped by to say Hello! You are doing a great job on the music posts...congratualtions on your man award...lol...you deserve it buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne -- I've been lovin' you're music lists. Look forward to the country one.

    Will-- I know what you mean and I certainly understand. Hope you check my country ten favorites list to tell me what you think.

    Kittie -- It's always good (or should be) to see family and friends. Have fun!

    Teresa -- I try to stay true to my interests, as do you I think.

    Jemi --- Let me know what you think about my country picks on Monday.

    Shannon -- Thank you ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arlee, thanks for plugging The Movie Dirty Dozen. I think that one will garner a large participation. I mean, who doesn't love movies?
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't grow up listening to country, but began to like particular songs and artists as an adult. I'll check back on Monday to see if any of my favorites are on your list. :)
    EnJoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not much for country, although I've always been a huge Johnny Cash fan. And I do like Garth Brook's live album.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex -- I would imagine lots of people will be interested in the Movie Dirty Dozen -- glad to be helping to promote this.

    Anita -- You have a great weekend as well and be sure to leave your comments about my country favorites.

    Stephen T.-- You're missing out on some good music, but at least Cash and Brooks are outstanding choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Witty Banter & Beer Award" - cool and well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't love country music either, but i'm still doing a list. The more I listen, the more I appreciate it. Gradual, but it grows on me.

    You can join too, if you don't have 10, just join and do one or two!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paula -- Thanks!

    Ron - I agree. Country covers a lot of territory and I'll bet a lot of people who say they don't like country have several favorites in the genre. Why heck if Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts qualify as Country then so do the Eagles.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee